June 29 & July 1, 2013
Committee on Cataloging: Description & Access
2013 Annual Conference, Chicago, IL
Note: Links are provided to the documents listed on the agenda. These are working documents and are to be used as part of the rule revision process. They are not to be copied or distributed without permission from the Chair of CC:DA.
For easy printability, see Agenda for Annual 2013, Chicago, IL[Word].
Saturday, June 29, 1:00-5:30 pm
InterContinental Chicago, Camelot Room
- Welcome and opening remarks: Chair (1:00, 5 min.)
- Introduction of members, liaisons, and representatives: Group (1:05, 5 min.)
- Adoption of agenda: Chair (1:10, 5 min.)
- Approval of minutes of meeting held at 2013 Midwinter Conference, January 26 and 28, 2013: Chair (1:15, 5 min.)
- [Minutes of the meeting held at the 2013 Midwinter ALA conference in Seattle, Washington. January 26 and 28, 2013]
- Report from the Chair (1:20, 10 min.)
- [Chair’s report on CC:DA’s motions and other actions Feb. 1-June 25, 2013]
- Report from the Library of Congress Representative: Reser (1:30, 15 min.)
- [Library of Congress Report for Annual 2013]
- Report of the ALA Representative to the Joint Steering Committee: Attig (1:45, 30 min.)
- Proposal on variant title as access point (RDA 188.8.131.52): Attig (2:15, 20 min.)
- [Variant title as access point (RDA 184.108.40.206)]
- Report from the TF on Relationship Designators in RDA Appendix K: Lipcan (2:35, 30 min.)
- [Task Force Report and Appendix K Revision Proposal]
- Break (3:05, 25 min.)
- Report from the TF on Instructions on Recording Relationships: Putnam (3:30, 30 min.)
- [TF on Instructions for Recording Relationships: Final Report (May 2013)]
- Report from the TF on Machine-Actionable Data: Lapka (4:00, 30 min.)
- [TF on Machine-Actionable Data Elements in RDA Chapter 3: Interim Report (May 2013)]
- Proposal from AALL on treaties: Hostage (4:30, 30 min.)
- [Revision proposal for RDA instructions for treaties]
- Report from the ALCTS CaMMS RDA Conference Forums and Programs Task Force: Abbas (5:00, 15 min.)
- Report from the ALCTS CCS RDA Planning and Training Task Force: Chair (5:15, 15 min.)
Monday, July 1, 8:30-11:30 am
InterContinental Chicago, Camelot Room
- Welcome and opening remarks: Chair (8:30, 5 min.)
- Report from the MARBI Representative: Myers (8:35, 15 min.)
- [to come]
- Report from ALA Publishing Services: Linker (8:50, 15 min.)
- Report of the CC:DA webmaster: Polutta (9:05, 10 min.)
- Report from the PCC liaison: Glennan (9:15, 15 min.)
- [PCC Report for CCDA June 2013]
- Report from the TF on Place Names: Rendall (9:30, 10 min.)
- Discussion Paper from OLAC/MusLA on technical and performing credits: McGrath and Snyder (9:40, 30 min.)
- [Discussion paper on the inconsistency between Chp. 2 & 7]
- Break (10:10, 15 min.)
- Proposal on alternate corporate identities: Chair for Schiff (10:25, 20 min.)
- [Pseudonymous corporate bodies]
- Proposal on colour content: Attig (10:45, 30 min.)
- [Colour Content (RDA 7.17)]
- Report from the Chair on CCS Executive Committee meetings; other new business; reports from the floor; announcement of next meeting, and adjournment: Chair (11:15, 15 min.)
Colour Content (RDA 7.17)
CC:DA needs to examine and approve these Romanization tables in response to this announcement by PSD. Please take a moment to examine them in order to approve them after the constituency review, which ends in July. See the announcement below from PSD.
Proposal for Revision of the Bulgarian, Serbian, and Macedonian Romanization Tables
The Policy and Standards Division of the Library of Congress has received revision proposals for the Bulgarian and the Serbian and Macedonian ALA-LC romanization tables from Dr. Nikolay Valkov of Harvard University. The Bulgarian proposal corrects several minor typographical errors and adds language that clarifies the romanization of the Bulgarian letter Ъ. The Serbian and Macedonian table has historically combined romanization for these two languages. Serbian and Macedonian are two separate languages that use similar alphabets. It is proposed that each have a separate ALA-LC romanization table.
The revision proposals are available for downloading; Bulgarian [PDF, 99 KB], Macedonian [PDF, 88 KB], and Serbian [PDF, 85 KB].
Comments on these proposals may be sent to Bruce Johnson, Policy and Standards Division (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 11, 2013.
Discussion paper on the inconsistency between Chp. 2 & 7
Full title: Discussion paper on the inconsistency between the Statement of Responsibility element in Chapter 2 and the Performer, Narrator, Presenter and Artistic and/or Technical Credit elements in Chapter 7
CC:DA/TF/Relationship Designators in RDA Appendix K/5
May 15, 2013
Task Force on Relationship Designators in RDA Appendix K
Task Force Report and Appendix K Revision Proposal
Submitted by Dan Lipcan, Chair.
March 5, 2013
Formed: Feb. 25 2013
Suspended: Nov. 2013
Submitted: oral report (Annual 2013); oral update (Midwinter 2014)
The Task Force on the Recording of Place Names is charged with continuing CC:DA’s work in clarifying and suggesting revisions to RDA’s instructions on recording the names of places, with the ultimate goal of making these instructions conform to RDA’s goals of 1) creating an international standard and 2) presenting bibliographic information as machine-actionable data. With that in mind, the Task Force will explore, among other options:
- Removing the requirement to record larger places from the instructions for recording preferred and variant forms of names;
- Adding instructions for creating authorized and variant access points of places;
- Creating separate instructions for an element called Name of Larger Place in chapter 16;
- Alternately, creating a relationship element of Larger/Smaller Place.
The Task Force will submit an interim report at Midwinter 2014 and will deliver a final revision proposal at Annual 2014, to be submitted to the JSC for their Fall 2014 meeting.