CC:DA/3R Task Force-ARLIS/NA/2020/1
June 30, 2020

Proposal to add the elements “curator agent of work” and “curator agent of work of” to RDA

Submitted by Andrea Puccio, Chair, Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) &

Robert Maxwell, Chair, CC:DA 3R Project Task Force

Related documentation: Fast track proposal regarding the relationship designator curator

Abstract: Add the element sets “curator agent of work” and “curator agent of work of” as narrower elements to “related work of agent” and “related agent of work” to describe curators who play a role at the work level. 

CC:DA 2020 Summer Virtual Meeting

Committee on Cataloging: Description & Access

2020 Summer Virtual Meeting

Agenda

Thursday, July 9, 3:00-5:00 Eastern/12:00-2:00 Pacific

  1. Welcome and opening remarks: Chair (3:00, 5 min.)
  2. Meeting logistics: Guajardo (3:05, 5 min.)
  3. Introduction of members, liaisons, and representatives: Group (3:10, 10 min.)
  4. Adoption of agenda: Chair (3:20, 5 min.)
  5. Approval of minutes of meeting held at 2020 Midwinter Meeting: Chair (3:25, 5 min.)
  6. Report from the Chair (3:30, 10 min.)
  7. Report of the CC:DA webmaster: Guajardo (3:40, 10 min.)
  8. Break (3:50, 10 min.)
  9. Report from CC:DA Task Force to review the Proposal on Changing Procedural Guidelines for Proposed New or Revised Romanization Tables: Fletcher (4:00, 30 min.)
  10. Report from the Library of Congress Representative: Polutta (4:30, 20 min.)

Committee on Cataloging: Description & Access

2020 Summer Virtual Meeting

Agenda

Monday, July 13th: 2:00-4:00 Eastern/11:00am-1:00 Pacific

  1. Welcome and opening remarks: Chair (2:00, 5 min)
  2. Introduction of members, liaisons, and representatives: Group (2:05, 10 min.)
  3. Continuation of any discussion from previous meeting (2:15, up to 30 minutes)

Note: Start times for remaining agenda items will be adjusted as needed, if necessary, with the break as close to 3:00 as possible

  1. Report of the ALA Representatives to the North American RDA Committee: Hearn and Bourassa (2:15, 20 min.)
  2. Report of the CC:DA 3R Task Group (Maxwell), including discussion of revised proposal to add the RDA element curator agent of work (Stafford and Maxwell) (2:35, 15 min.)
  3. Break (2:50, 10 min.)
  4. Report of the MAC Representative: Myers (3:00, 10 min.)
  5. Report from the PCC liaison: Allgood (3:10, 10 min.)

Committee on Cataloging: Description & Access

2020 Summer Virtual Meeting

Agenda

Wednesday, July 15th: 1:00-3:00 Eastern/10:00am-12:00 Pacific

  1. Welcome and opening remarks: Chair (1:00, 5 min)
  2. Introduction of members, liaisons, and representatives: Group (1:05, 10 min.)
  3. Continuation of any discussion from previous meetings (1:15, up to 30 minutes)

Note: Start times for remaining agenda items will be adjusted as needed, if necessary

  1. Work and plans for CC:DA: Chair (1:15, 45 min.)
  2. Other new business; reports from the floor; announcement of next meeting, and adjournment: Chair (2:00, 5 min.)

Revision of the Beta Toolkit Menu Tab for Resources

Gordon Dunsire
RSC Technical Team Liaison Officer
15 June 2020

Revision of the Beta Toolkit Menu Tab for Resources

This paper proposes a further re-organization of the Resource menu of the beta RDA Toolkit, as part of the SES (String Encoding Scheme) Project. The final layout of guidance and instructions within this menu is dependent on discussions about the wider issues of incorporating and managing ‘community’ tools in the Toolkit.

DRAFT: Report: CCDA Task Force to review the Proposal on Changing Procedural Guidelines for Proposed New or Revised Romanization Tables

CC:DA/TF/Romanization Tables/Guidelines/Draft
June 12, 2020

DRAFT: Report: CCDA Task Force to review the Proposal on Changing Procedural Guidelines for Proposed New or Revised Romanization Tables

Submitted by Peter Fletcher, Chair

RSC Paper on RDA Conformance

Gordon Dunsire,
RSC Technical Team Liaison Officer
May 12, 2020

The RSC is soliciting feedback on the following paper that will be discussed at the July asynchronous meeting: RDA conformance.

This informative paper explains what is RDA-conformant metadata, “presents a draft expansion of RDA Toolkit guidance to accommodate the topic,” and asks three questions:

“Question 1: Should the RSC offer conformance certification in addition to the passive guidance included in the Toolkit?

Question 2: Should the Toolkit include content for assessing conformance for specific application communities? Content might include examples, alignments and mappings for parsing metadata statements, and decision trees.

Question 3: Should the RSC offer additional technical guidance and support for conformance, interoperability, and mappings between RDA metadata and non-RDA applications?”