ALCTS News is looking for volunteers to report on ALCTS preconferences, programs, and forums at the 2018 ALA Midwinter Meeting in Denver, Colorado. Are you attending one of the sessions below? Would you like to share what you learn with the ALCTS community? Email Chelcie Rowell, editor of ALCTS News, at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer to report on a Midwinter session.
Reports should summarize the session and highlight particularly valuable takeaways. If the session is not sponsored by ALCTS, reporters should articulate the ‘so what?’ for ALCTS members. Length of reports typically ranges from 400–600 words. Reporters are also encouraged to contribute photos or other images.
After a full slate of reporters is in place, Chelcie will be in touch with more detailed how-to’s for reporters.
Preconferences (Ticketed Events)
- Empowering Access and Ensuring Accessibility: Connecting People to Information and Collections
- RDA Toolkit Redesign Update and Preview
- Applying Descriptive Cataloging of Rare Materials (Manuscripts)
- ALCTS Forum
- Cataloging and Metadata Management Section (CaMMS) Forum
- Collection Management Section (CMS) Forum
- Continuing Resources Holdings Information Forum
- Continuing Resources Education, Research, and Publications Forum
- Continuing Resources Acquisitions Forum
- Continuing Resources Cataloging Forum
- Preservation and Reformatting (PARS) Forum
- RDA Linked Data Forum
- Library of Congress BIBFRAME Update Forum
- Resource Access for the 21st Century: Toward A Modern Access Architecture
- OCLC Expert Cataloging Community Session
- OCLC Linked Data Roundtable: Stories from the Front
- OCLC Resource Sharing Users Group
- OCLC Research Update
- Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC)-At-Large
- Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC) Program Training
- Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC) Participants Meeting
Symposium on the Future of Libraries
- A Collaborative Future for Libraries, Museums, and More: Chicago Collections and Lifelong Learning Across the Community
- Transforming Event & Collection Discoverability
- Road Signs to the Future: What Trends Will Affect Your Library?
Don’t see a session listed above that you think would be of interest to the ALCTS community? Send suggestions for reports on other ALA events to Chelcie, as well.
Thank you for helping to connect ALCTS members with professional knowledge shared at Midwinter, even if they aren’t able to be there in person!