Whether you are a library school student or new library professional, navigating the ALCTS committee-scape can be overwhelming. To illustrate what committee work entails and how you can get involved, Sarah Cruz and Kumiko Reichert of the ALCTS New Members Interest Group (ANMIG for short) talked with committee leaders from each ALCTS section and asked them to tell us first-hand about their roles:
- ALCTS Continuing Education Committee Co-Chairs, Andrea Wirth and Jeremy Myntti
- AS Publications Committee Chair Mary Gilbertson
- CaMMS Recruitment & Mentoring Committee Chair Chris Dieckman
- CMS Executive Committee Chair Jill Emery
- CRS Cataloging Committee Member Kevin Balster
- PARS Program, Planning, & Publications Committee Chairs Miriam Centeno & Patrice-Andre Prud’homme
Attending ALA Midwinter 2019? Join us for four exciting presentations at the ANMIG meeting on Saturday, January 26, at 4:00 p.m. in the Washington State Convention Center, TCC-Tahoma. Topics include imposter syndrome as a new academic librarian, leveraging a staff position into a librarian appointment in an academic library, lessons from “boss baby” to seasoned supervisor, and how Name Authority Cooperative Program (NACO) funnels can provide training and support for new librarians. We hope to see you there!