ALCTS News is looking for volunteers to report on preconferences, programs and fora of interest to the ALCTS community at the 2019 ALA Annual Conference in Washington, DC. Are you attending one of the sessions below? Would you like to share what you learn with the ALCTS community? Email Chelcie Rowell, editor of ALCTS News, at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer to report on a session at Annual.
In light of ongoing work by ALCTS, LITA and LLAMA to imagine a new, merged division, this year ALCTS News is seeking reporters for select programs sponsored by each of the three divisions. Reports should summarize the session and highlight particularly valuable takeaways. Length of reports typically ranges from 400–600 words. Reporters are also encouraged to contribute photos or other images. Shortly before the conference begins, Chelcie will be in touch with more detailed how-to’s for reporters.
Preconferences and Ticketed Events
Better Networking for Disasters: Improving Participation and Coordination for Disaster Response and Recovery of Cultural Heritage Change Management in Libraries and Technical Services Preservation in Action: District of Columbia Public Library, Special Collections RDA Toolkit Redesign Workshop
ALCTS President’s Program: Marcia Chatelain on “Franchise: The Golden Arches in Black America” The ABCs of Access – Open Access: A Panel Discussion with Publisher, Aggregator, University Press Advocacy in Acquisitions: Defining Value, Expanding Roles, and Staffing Intentionally An Alternative to Open Source Textbooks: A Case Study of a Library Spearheading a Campaign to Reduce Students’ Textbook Costs by Partnering with a Textbook Rental Company
- The Benefits and Challenges of Learning Analytics Afforded User Identification: An Analysis of Search Terms and eBook Downloads
Collections Security I’m Gonna Live Forever: Assessing the Preservation of Digital Collections Improvement Through People: Transforming the Technical Services Workforce for Better Service
- Increase Digital Circulation with Data-Driven Decision Making and Marketing
Leading Transformational Change in Technical Services
- Listen Up! How Libraries Can Help Podcasters Face the Challenges of Preservation
MarcEdit: Past, Present, and Future New Research in Collection Management and Development Separating the Gingerbread Men from the Hardy Boys: Perspectives on Implementing Genrefied Juvenile Collections Spotlight on Serials: Open Access: Current and Future trends in OA in Latin America Streaming Video: Confronting the Barriers to Sharing Between Libraries
LITA President’s Program: Meredith Broussard on Artificial Unintelligence Diversity, Equity, and Justice Talks: In and Beyond the Library
- Empowering Libraries to Lend Digital Books via Controlled Digital Lending
- Executive Perspectives: A Conversation on the Future of the Library Technology Industry
- How User Centered Design is Transforming GALILEO’s Library Experience
- Novel Collaborations: Pioneering New Models for Library/Vendor Partnerships with the FOLIO Library Services Platform Project
- Save As: Managing and Preserving Your Digital Life
Technology Project Management: Following Best Practices and Building Your Skill Set
- LLAMA President’s Program: “How Do I Respond to That?”
- Bringing Culture Back: Managing Unconscious Bias to Strengthen Your Corporate Culture
- Change in a Volatile World: From Change Management to Change Readiness
- Changing the Service Culture of your Library
- Managing to Manage: Strategies for Both Extroverted and Introverted Managers Who Feel Overworked and Overwhelmed
atrix Management in Libraries: Exploring a Collaborative and Cross-Functional Management Model to Provide Greater Value and Increase Impact Self Care Is Not Selfish: Preventing Burnout Surfacing, Understanding, and Changing Internalized Organizational Culture
Exhibitor Sessions and Fora
- OCLC Linked Data Roundtable: Stories from the Front
PCC At Large Meeting PCC Program Training RDA Linked Data Forum RDA Update Forum
Don’t see a session listed above that you think would be of interest to the ALCTS community? Send suggestions for reports on other ALA events to Chelcie, as well.
Thank you for helping to connect members of the ALCTS community with professional knowledge shared at Annual, even if they aren’t able to be there in person!