February 28, 2007; rev. March 10, 2007
Task Force on CC:DA’s Internal and External Communication
The Task Force on CC:DA’s Internal and External Communication is charged with:
- Reviewing the work of the relevant past task forces, the Task Force on Communication and Outreach (operating 1994-1995) and the Task Force to Investigate CC:DA’s Web Presence (operating 2004).
- Assessing the nature and content of CC:DA’s external communications and making recommendations for updating current documents or drafting new documents.
- Assessing the nature of CC:DA’s internal communication requirements.
- Determining the functional requirements for software applications to handle internal and external communication.
- Evaluating the nature and content of documents posted on the CC:DA website, investigating alternative methods for communicating this information and/or alternative methods for preparing and posting documents on the website.
- Evaluating and recommending mechanisms for migrating and maintaining CC:DA’s website and its communication functions to an ALA-hosted application, including looking at the duties of the webmaster and how they can be folded into the CC:DA organizational structure.
The task force should submit a preliminary report dealing with issues relating to CC:DA internal communication to the chair by May 25, 2007 so that it may be considered at the 2007 Annual Conference; further progress reports should be submitted prior to subsequent ALA conferences. Continue reading