2021 Midwinter Virtual Meeting Agenda

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
CC:DA/A/83
February 5, 2021

Committee on Cataloging: Description & Access

2021 Midwinter Virtual Meeting

Agenda

Friday, February 5, 2:00-4:00 Eastern/11:00am-1:00 Pacific

  1. Welcome and opening remarks: Chair (2:00, 5 min.)
  2. Meeting logistics: Guajardo (2:05, 5 min.)
  3. Introduction of members, liaisons, and representatives: Group (2:10, 10 min.)
  4. Adoption of agenda: Chair (2:20, 5 min.)
  5. Approval of minutes of meeting held at 2020 Summer Meeting: Chair (2:25, 5 min.)
  6. Report from the Chair (2:30, 10 min.)
  7. Report of the CC:DA webmaster: Guajardo (2:40, 5 min.)
  8. Report of the Virtual Participation Task Force: Guajardo (2:45, 10 min.)
  9. Report from the Best Practices for Recording Faceted Chronological Data in Bibliographic Records Task Force: Lybarger (2:55, 10 min.)
  10. Break (3:05, 10 min.)
  11. Report and Q&A from ALA Publishing: Hennelly (3:15, 45 min.)

Tuesday, February 9th: 11:00am-1:00 Eastern/8:00am-10:00am Pacific

  1. Welcome and opening remarks: Chair (11:00, 5 min)
  2. Introduction of members, liaisons, and representatives: Group (11:05, 10 min.)
  3. Continuation of any discussion from previous meeting (11:15, up to 30 minutes) Start times for remaining agenda items will be adjusted as needed, if necessary.
  4. Report of the ALA Representatives to the North American RDA Committee: Hearn (11:15, 20 min.)
  5. Report from CC:DA Task Force to review the Proposal on Changing Procedural Guidelines for Proposed New or Revised Romanization Tables: Fletcher (11:35, 10 min.)
  6. Report of the MAC Representative: Myers (11:45, 10 min.)
  7. Report from the PCC liaison: Allgood (11:55, 10 min.)

Friday, February 12th: 1:00-3:00 Eastern/10:00am-12:00 Pacific

  1. Welcome and opening remarks: Chair (1:00, 5 min)
  2. Introduction of members, liaisons, and representatives: Group (1:05, 10 min.)
  3. Continuation of any discussion from previous meetings (1:15, up to 30 minutes) Start times for remaining agenda items will be adjusted as needed, if necessary, with the break as close to 2:00 as possible
  4. Report from the Library of Congress Representative: Polutta (1:15, 20 min.)
  5. Work and plans for CC:DA: Chair (1:35, 25 min.)
  6. Break (2:00, 10 min.)
  7. Continue discussion: Work and plans for CC:DA: Chair (2:10, 20 min.)
  8. Other new business; reports from the floor; announcement of next meeting, and adjournment: Chair (2:30, 5 min.)

Proposal to add the elements “curator agent of work” and “curator agent of work of” to RDA

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

NARDAC/2020/2 
August 17, 2020

Proposal to add the elements “curator agent of work” and “curator agent of work of” to RDA.

Thomas Brenndorfer, NARDAC Representative to the RSC.

(Note: This will be a discussion of the proposal process; the RSC will consider the content of the proposal at a future meeting)

Add the element sets “curator agent of work” and “curator agent of work of” as narrower elements to “related work of agent” and “related agent of work” to describe curators who play a role at the work level.

A paper discussion at the October 2020 RDA Steering Committee (RSC) meeting.

RDA Vocabulary Encoding Scheme for Manifestation: Type of Binding

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

17 September 2020 

RDA Vocabulary Encoding Scheme for Manifestation: Type of Binding.

Gordon Dunsire, Technical Team Liaison Officer;
Ebe Kartus, Wider Community Engagement Officer.

The element Manifestation: type of binding was added to the RDA element set during the 3R Project, with the definition “A method used to bind a published or unpublished manifestation”.

A paper discussion at the October 2020 RDA Steering Committee (RSC) meeting.

Timespan and Units of Time

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

19 Sep 2020 

Timespan and Units of Time.

Gordon Dunsire, Technical Team Liaison Officer. 

This paper proposes adjustments to treatment of the entity Timespan and associated elements in the beta RDA Toolkit to resolve a conflict with the IFLA Library Reference Model and to improve clarity, coherency, and consistency of the guidance and instructions.

A paper discussion at the October 2020 RDA Steering Committee (RSC) meeting.

Internationalization of RDA Toolkit During the 3R Project

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

21 Sep 2020

Internationalization of RDA Toolkit During the 3R Project.

Gordon Dunsire, Technical Team Liaison Officer.

This is an informational report on progress made during the RDA Toolkit Restructure and Redesign (3R) Project to support the internationalization strategy of the RDA Board.

A paper discussion at the October 2020 RDA Steering Committee (RSC) meeting.

CC:DA 3R Project Task Force Proposal to add the elements “curator agent of work” and “curator agent of work of” to RDA

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

CC:DA/3R Task Force-ARLIS/NA/2020/1
June 30, 2020

Proposal to add the elements “curator agent of work” and “curator agent of work of” to RDA

Submitted by Andrea Puccio, Chair, Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) &

Robert Maxwell, Chair, CC:DA 3R Project Task Force

Related documentation: Fast track proposal regarding the relationship designator curator

Abstract: Add the element sets “curator agent of work” and “curator agent of work of” as narrower elements to “related work of agent” and “related agent of work” to describe curators who play a role at the work level. 

Revision of the Beta Toolkit Menu Tab for Resources

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Gordon Dunsire
RSC Technical Team Liaison Officer
15 June 2020

Revision of the Beta Toolkit Menu Tab for Resources

This paper proposes a further re-organization of the Resource menu of the beta RDA Toolkit, as part of the SES (String Encoding Scheme) Project. The final layout of guidance and instructions within this menu is dependent on discussions about the wider issues of incorporating and managing ‘community’ tools in the Toolkit.