Proposal to add the elements “curator agent of work” and “curator agent of work of” to RDA

NARDAC/2020/2 

August 17, 2020 

Proposal to add the elements “curator agent of work” and “curator agent of work of” to RDA.

Thomas Brenndorfer, NARDAC Representative to the RSC.

(Note: This will be a discussion of the proposal process; the RSC will consider the content of the proposal at a future meeting)

Add the element sets “curator agent of work” and “curator agent of work of” as narrower elements to “related work of agent” and “related agent of work” to describe curators who play a role at the work level.

A paper discussion at the October 2020 RDA Steering Committee (RSC) meeting.

RDA Vocabulary Encoding Scheme for Manifestation: Type of Binding

17 September 2020 

RDA Vocabulary Encoding Scheme for Manifestation: Type of Binding.

Gordon Dunsire, Technical Team Liaison Officer;
Ebe Kartus, Wider Community Engagement Officer.

The element Manifestation: type of binding was added to the RDA element set during the 3R Project, with the definition “A method used to bind a published or unpublished manifestation”.

A paper discussion at the October 2020 RDA Steering Committee (RSC) meeting.

Timespan and Units of Time

19 Sep 2020 

Timespan and Units of Time.

Gordon Dunsire, Technical Team Liaison Officer. 

This paper proposes adjustments to treatment of the entity Timespan and associated elements in the beta RDA Toolkit to resolve a conflict with the IFLA Library Reference Model and to improve clarity, coherency, and consistency of the guidance and instructions.

A paper discussion at the October 2020 RDA Steering Committee (RSC) meeting.

Internationalization of RDA Toolkit During the 3R Project

21 Sep 2020

Internationalization of RDA Toolkit During the 3R Project.

Gordon Dunsire, Technical Team Liaison Officer.

This is an informational report on progress made during the RDA Toolkit Restructure and Redesign (3R) Project to support the internationalization strategy of the RDA Board.

A paper discussion at the October 2020 RDA Steering Committee (RSC) meeting.

Expression Excerpts

4 October 2019

Expression Excerpts

Gordon Dunsire, RSC Technical Team Liaison Officer

Abstract

This paper discusses the issues in recording extracts of expressions and how they can be resolved in RDA Toolkit. The recommendations in the paper are based on a set of assumptions that are listed as propositions. Detailed proposals for additions to RDA guidance and instructions are dependent on agreement with the propositions and recommendations and are not included in this paper.

Background documents:

  • 6JSC/LC/20 – Revisions to Chapter 6 to treat “Selections” as a work attribute
  • 5JSC/LC/12 –  Proposed revision of RDA Chapter 6, Additional instructions for musical works and expressions

RDA Content Elements

4 October 2019

RDA Content Elements

Gordon Dunsire, RSC Technical Team Liaison Officer

Abstract

This paper makes recommendations for developing expression “content” elements to conform to the aggregates model. The paper does not address the need for additional elements to improve the recording of aggregating expressions and aggregating works.

RSC/Operations/6 — Policy and procedures for RSC Meetings

RSC/Operations/6
1 August 2019

NARDAC members have been asked to share these operations documents with our constituencies for feedback, comments, suggestions, concerns, etc. CC:DA, please review and comment by September 24th.

CC:DA members are also encouraged to read and respond to these additional operations documents:  https://alcts.ala.org/ccdablog/?p=3756

  • RSC/Operations/1 — Policy and Procedures for RSC Operations 
  • RSC/Operations/2 — RSC Position Responsibilities
  • RSC/Operations/3 — General Terms of Reference for RSC Working Groups 
  • RSC/Operations/4 — Policy and Procedures for Updating RDA Content
  • RSC/Operations/5 — Guidelines for Proposals, Discussion Papers, and Responses to Them

RSC/Operations/3 — General Terms of Reference for RSC Working Groups

RSC/Operations/3
1 August 2019

NARDAC members have been asked to share these operations documents with our constituencies for feedback, comments, suggestions, concerns, etc. CC:DA, please review and comment by September 24th.

CC:DA members are also encouraged to read and respond to these additional operations documents: https://alcts.ala.org/ccdablog/?p=3756

  • RSC/Operations/1 — Policy and Procedures for RSC Operations 
  • RSC/Operations/2 — RSC Position Responsibilities
  • RSC/Operations/4 — Policy and Procedures for Updating RDA Content
  • RSC/Operations/5 — Guidelines for Proposals, Discussion Papers, and Responses to Them
  • RSC/Operations/6 — Policy and procedures for RSC Meetings

RSC/Operations/1 — Policy and Procedures for RSC Operations

RSC/Operations/1
6 August 2019

NARDAC members have been asked to share these operations documents with our constituencies for feedback, comments, suggestions, concerns, etc. CC:DA, please review and comment by September 24th.

CC:DA members are also encouraged to read and respond to these additional operations documents:  https://alcts.ala.org/ccdablog/?p=3756

  • RSC/Operations/2 — RSC Position Responsibilities
  • RSC/Operations/3 — General Terms of Reference for RSC Working Groups 
  • RSC/Operations/4 — Policy and Procedures for Updating RDA Content
  • RSC/Operations/5 — Guidelines for Proposals, Discussion Papers, and Responses to Them
  • RSC/Operations/6 — Policy and procedures for RSC Meetings

RSC/Operations/2 — RSC Position Responsibilities

RSC/Operations/2
1 August 2019

NARDAC members have been asked to share these operations documents with our constituencies for feedback, comments, suggestions, concerns, etc. CC:DA, please review and comment by September 24th.

CC:DA members are also encouraged to read and respond to these additional operations documents:  https://alcts.ala.org/ccdablog/?p=3756

  • RSC/Operations/1 — Policy and Procedures for RSC Operations 
  • RSC/Operations/3 — General Terms of Reference for RSC Working Groups 
  • RSC/Operations/4 — Policy and Procedures for Updating RDA Content
  • RSC/Operations/5 — Guidelines for Proposals, Discussion Papers, and Responses to Them
  • RSC/Operations/6 — Policy and procedures for RSC Meetings