Note: Links are provided to the documents listed on the agenda. These are working documents and are to be used as part of the rule revision process. They are not to be copied or distributed without permission from the Chair of CC:DA.
Saturday, June 26, 2010, 1:30-5:30 p.m.
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, Regency A
- Welcome and opening remarks: Chair (1:30, 5 min.)
- Introduction of members, liaisons, and representatives: Group (1:35, 5 min.) [CC:DA/Roster/2009 July]
- Adoption of agenda: Chair (1:45, 5 min.) [CC:DA/A/62]
- Approval of minutes of meeting held at 2010 Midwinter Meeting, January 16 and 18, 2010: Chair (1:50, 5 min.) [Minutes of the meeting held at the 2010 Midwinter ALA conference in Boston, Massachusetts January 16 and 18, 2010]
- Report from the Chair (1:55, 10 min.) [Chair’s Report on CC:DA Motions and Other Actions January 19, 2010–June 18, 2010]
- Report from the Library of Congress Representative: Tillett (2:05, 40 min.) [Library of Congress Report, June 2010] (20 min.) | [Greek Romanization table] (10 min.) | [Procedural Guidelines For Proposed New Or Revised Romanization Tables by LC] (10 min.)
- Break (2:45, 30 min.)
- Report of the ALA Representative to the Joint Steering Committee: Attig (3:15, 45 min.) [Issues deferred until after the first release of RDA: ALA decisions]
- Report on PCC activities: Fletcher (4:00, 10 min.) [PCC, Standing Committee on Standards. Report CC:DA June 2010]
- Report on LITA activities: Cheney (4:10, 10 min.)
- Report of the CC:DA webmaster: Hatch (4:20, 10 min.) [CC:DA Webmaster Report, June 9, 2010CC:DA/Webmaster/2010/2]
- Report from the RDA Training Task Force: Mendez (4:30, 15 min.)
- Report from the RDA Programming TF: Abbas (4:45, 15 min.)
- Review of ISBD Consolidated Edition, 2010: Creider (5:00, 30 min.)
Monday, June 28, 2010 – 8:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, Yorktown/Valley Forge
- Welcome and opening remarks: Chair (8:00, 5 min.)
- Presentation, From “Moby-Dick” To “Mash-Ups”: Thinking About Bibliographic Networks: Murray & Tillett (8:05, 75 min.)
- Traditional and contemporary attempts to identify and describe simple and complex bibliographic resources have overlooked useful and powerful possibilities, due to the insufficient modeling of “bibliographic things of interest.” The presentation will introduce a resource description approach that remodels and strengthens FRBR by borrowing key concepts from Information Science and the History of Science. The presentation will reveal portions of a network of bibliographic (and other useful) relationships between printings of Melville’s novel dating from 1851-1975 into the present. In addition, structural similarities between the print publication network and the multimedia “mash-ups” seen on YouTube and other websites will be demonstrated and discussed.
- Report from ALA Publishing Services: Chatham, Associate Executive Director (9:20, 40 min.)
- Break/Celebration (10:00, 30 min.)
- Report from the MARBI Representative: Allgood (10:30 30 min.) [Report of the MARBI Representative to CC:DA Annual Conference 2010]
- Report from the Chair on CCS Executive Committee meetings; other new business; reports from the floor; announcement of next meeting, and adjournment: Chair (11:00, 30 min.)